Sunday, September 14, 2008

Whoo!

Ok, so yea wow busy. Thats one way to put it. Since my last post, which was Wednesday morning, I have been a little occupied. We were supposed to start a bible study Wednesday night, but my books didn't come in so I spent Wednesday afternoon preparing a lesson for that night as an introduction of the theme of the bible study. (more on that another time). Then we had bible study and I ended up getting home around 8 or 9. We were supposed to start playing our "friendly after church basketball league" at 8 that night but it was decided to wait a few more weeks b/f we got that up and running. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed since I've been anxiously awaiting the start of that for the past like month. Just have to wait a few more weeks I guess. Thursday, I spent the morning working on my lesson for tonight, went to the junior high lunch, then went to the high school tennis match at 3:30, then 9th grade volleyball, 8th grade football, and finally 9th grade football. For some reason the football games took forever and that last one wasn't over with until 10. Afterwards, I got a call to help some people with video stuff for a retreat that I was helped with over the weekend. Got home around 1:30 AM and was in the office Friday morning to finish the video stuff. So, this camp was a 4th, 5th, and 6th grade retreat put on by Eagle Heights and I was easily persuaded to lend a helping hand. Friday afternoon after finishing the videos, I packed up all the sound and video stuff that I needed as well as a bunch of rec stuff and headed to Drasco, AR to start setting up with Miranda. The camp went great, especially for a bunch of young kids that had never really done anything like that before. Watching these young students worship was completely different than high school students and especially adults. Needless to say, I was very impressed. Had a great weekend, except for the technological headaches that were caused by certain pieces of equipment. Dwain, the worship leader for the weekend, and myself had a great time just wandering around and talking about ministry and life, picking on kids, and goofing off; usually if you see us together, we are probably laughing. Good week/weekend, extremely busy. Now its time for Sunday night Youth. 

3 comments:

Becke' said...

So, the question is: Are you enjoying it all???

Kirby said...

I most certainly am!

Anonymous said...

Well, this ole Momma is sooo glad you are busy. I know Harrison is not exactly the hub of activity, briming over with people your age..so, it makes me glad for you that you have plenty to occupy that ADD mind of yours!
You gonna have time to come to Fay.this weekend?
Mom
PS You and Mini need to ask Becke how to get rid of the word verification thingy below....