Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day... The most relaxing day of the year?

So after working in ministry for a few years now, I think that Labor Day may be the most relaxing holiday for somebody in youth ministry.  Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, Mother's Day & Father's Day (both on Sundays), New Year's, and even Halloween are all surrounded and filled with special programs and/or events with either the church or youth ministry.... or both. But I would have to say that Labor Day is great!  The offices are closed, old friends are off work and able to come "back home," just great.  

Needless to say, I had a good Labor Day. Got to Springdale a little after 11.  Visited with mom and Mini, discussed some theological issues, and helped Mini with some more stuff with her Mac.  Then ate mexican with mom, dad, and Mini; it wasn't Salsa's, but we had a great time!  Then drove over to Siloam to meet up with my old roommate Matt and some other old JBU friends.  Hung out for a while, went to our old professor/advisors house and visited with him, ate at Zaxby's (pretty good by the way), then played sand volleyball with a bunch of old JBU friends.  We had a blast, wore ourselves out, and was covered with sand by the end of the night.  I am so thankful for my friends and family and the blessing that they have all been on my life.  And the opportunity to spend a day relaxing and visiting with them was greatly appreciated.  I hope you had a good Labor Day too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, volleyball and your shoulder is still ok?
I'm glad you had a good holiday,day off!
Why don't you suggest to the Salsa's people that they open one in the Springdale area!
Mini is sooo sick today...fever, sore throat, headache, skin hurts..but did she stay home? Nooooo!
Have a good day. Mom

Becke' said...

Wish I had been there! I got to grocery shop and clean house, instead! I really miss the salsa.

Amelia said...

Volleyball.... wahoo! I see how it is, you'll play volleyball with your friends here but you wont play at the beach wit me.... where your supposed to play volleyball! j/k Well I hope you have a good day even though its not labor day anymore! dont work too hard!