Monday, October 6, 2008

PB &...... S....?

So I had some peanut butter and syrup sandwiches last night after church for dinner. Why, you may ask... Why syrup? Why blog about it? You see, my mom got me hooked on peanut butter and syrup (which is way better than peanut butter and jelly) many many years ago. It got to the point that she would ask each of us on Sunday night what we wanted for dinner (the options were usually leftovers from lunch or some sort of sandwich) and I would ALWAYS answered Peanut butter and syrup.... "w/ love." You see, my mom made them so much better than anybody else because she made them with love. She would explain to me that it was easy to do and that I should just make my own; but I would argue that I NEVER made it as good as she did b/c it wasn't made with love when I made it. So last night, I got home from church and decided to have PB & S in memory of my old Sunday night tradition, but guess what. It just wasn't as good. My theory still holds true that mom's cooking, even if its just a sandwich, will always be better than my own because she always adds that one special ingredient.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, you made my heart feel bubbly! How sweet!
It was good to see you this past weekend, and to get to eat supper with you...even tho I didn't cook it and add the love.
Love ya, Mom

Amelia said...

I have to agree with you, ain't no cookin like momma's cookin, and she definitely puts the love in it!

Becke' said...

MMM, I am salivating over here! What a sweet post. Maybe you ARE the favorite! ha...