Friday, August 29, 2008

It's that time of the year...

Well, I probably started a blog at the worst possible time for a youth pastor to start a blog....the fall.  Needless to say, I've been a lotta bit busy this week.  Worked with Eagle Heights to put on a big outreach event Wednesday night.  David Nasser spoke and the Steve Fee band led worship.  It was a great night with a number of decisions made.  I was in charge of all the video/ computer/ projector/ visual aspects. (big surprise huh?)  So, I worked from 9 AM til 2 or 3 AM working on stuff Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Thursday, worked on stuff for Sunday.  Thursday afternoon, pointless orthodontist appointment in Springdale, but I did get to see my family, eat a home cooked meal, and teach Mini about her new Mac.  Woohoo, yay for macs!!  Today, more Sunday preparation.

But here's the exciting thing about this time of year.  FOOTBALL.  Yup, Harrison opens up tonight against Batesville.  Arkansas plays Western Illinois tomorrow.  Friday night lights, College Football Saturdays, and the NFL starts next week.  I'm pumped!

To be a substitute teacher, I have to to go to some training thing.  It is tomorrow morning from 8-12.  I don't even want to think about getting up b/f 8 ever, especially on a Saturday.  I prefer to sleep from 2-8:30, and I simply can't go to sleep much earlier than that.  

So yea, random post.  I've got some deep stuff that I'm gonna write about, but I'm trying to find something before I do.  Be prepared.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry your home cooked meal was not as good as Mikee's...but, I really wasnt trying to equal that!
It was good to see you and eat dinner/supper with you. I sure do miss my baby boy....love u.Mom

Becke' said...

Deep?? I love deep. Can't wait! BTW, Mini got a Mac?? When? I think she just has a million dollars stashed away somewhere...HMMM.