Friday, December 12, 2008

Son of a Pharisee...

Ok, for starters "Son of a Pharisee" is my new cuss word. Some of you already heard me explain it, if you haven't it stems from an event at National Youth Workers Convention. If you need more explanation then let me know. 

So today I went to Wal-Mart. I've been needing to go for groceries for about three weeks now and just haven't made time. Being my day off and getting desperate for food, I decided to go. Big mistake! I quickly realized why I have always gone to Wal-Mart after 9 PM. Parking lot...full, store...full, my patience...quickly ran out. Old people were everywhere! And old people seem to just stand around or move extra slow so that it feels like an obstacle course trying to get where you want to be. Needless to say, I will quickly return to my late night Wal-Mart trips when aisles are clear, lines are short, and old people are fast asleep at home.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Another great reason stay up late!!!

Kirby said...

Just one of like a million reasons to stay up late!

Anonymous said...

I'm old and I agree!!! WalMart-esp. at this time of year is super bad! And when you are old....you forget from one aisle to the next what you are looking for....so it takes awhile! Remember...you will be old one day too...
Love ya, Ole Mom.